Monday, June 16

Different Strokes


Last week the kids made Father's Day cards. The experience of watching two totally different little people express themselves is so enjoyable :-)


Chloe's approach is to use every color. Use all different types of paint -- watercolors, tempera, etc. Usually use more than one paintbrush. Use both hands to paint with (it is still undetermined which one she favors!).


See her with the lefty action going on?


Evan is obviously older, and therefore more methodical, but this is how he has always painted.

One color at a time with a thorough rinse between each change of colors. One paint brush. One type of paint. And usually his choice of 1-3 specific colors. He's very particular.

Today he was inspired by Chloe's "blending" and wanted to give it a try.


Posted by Bree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like really nice cards. I am sure Todd was very happy to receive them.

Chris said...

hmmm... maybe Uncle Chris can come over sometime and join the fun :)

Leslie said...

I love that Evan was inspired by Chloe! I'm sure once she's older that she'll give his painting methods a whirl, too!