Thursday, May 29

Since We've Been Home

We've been getting back to life as usual.

For us that means several things:

1) Chloe has still not put down the bottle of bubbles.


2) Evan is back on his bike constantly. Over the vacation he was getting so worried that we would have to put his training wheels back on because he was "running out of practice."


3) Chloe is searching the neighborhood for new flowers that have bloomed since we left. The "wo-den-dwens" (rhododendrons) are gorgeous right now as well as this amazing yellow labernum (I had to look it up online since I didn't know it's name before -- and I know a lot of plant names!)



4) Evan is running all over testing his strength and abilities, and playing with his neighborhood friends. His current favorite is Kiara (who's 5) and happens to be a lot like him.



5) Chloe is playing with Sarah (the one on the left in this picture) outside every day. Sarah lives right across the street. She is 12, and she adores Chloe. She will probably be her future babysitter :-) They even let her jump rope with them! Kind of hard when you can only get about an inch of air under your sneakers...



6) The search for pill bugs is back in full swing.






7) We are resuming peaceful quiet family times. Our quiet time is usually centered around reading books together. This time they wanted to make "beds" and watch Cars. How cute are they? My bed was the couch next to them :-)



Vacation was wonderful and we would do it all over again in a heartbeat, but we are so glad to be home... have I said that yet???

Posted by Bree

2 comments:

Bryce said...

I love that I see "Me Too" in the background of the Evan and Kiara pic. I also like how Evan has his hand on both baskets. This says a lot about his personality :]

Bethany said...

Love the upclose pictures of Chloe scoping out her pill bugs. And the two of them in the basket beds...precious!