Saturday, May 31

Growing

It is always amazing to me how from summer to summer a child's playground skills evolve. Last night, at Frontier Park, Evan just hopped up and reached the monkey bars .... and went right across all on his own.... where did he figure that out??

We'll never have to ask where Chloe learned to do stuff... "me too" is never far behind her big awesome strong daring brother.

They both look so tall right now..... maybe all that salty ocean air was like miracle-gro. It is wonderful to see them so strong, healthy and full of life!


We brought the bubbles to the playground and Chloe ran in circles chasing them and squealing her usual: "Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles!" We stopped blowing them when she kept falling down from dizziness :-)

Chloe's new thing these days is singing. Singing!!! She knows so many of the songs I have sung to her everyday since birth. She sat at the top of the slide singing the ABC's by herself. (I have a great video of her singing on the way home from vacation that I hope to get around to posting soon.) She also loves to sing "a-gedder mommy?" (Together mommy?) I love it!!

This morning I gave Evan a much needed hair trimming. The wannabe mullet had to go. He still wants "big, bushy hair" (yay!) so I took it easy. It's still a little wet in this picture, but man he looks CUTE... and older too, don't you think?

Evan told his sister: "Smile for Mommy with the camera, Chloe!" Wow.... thanks buddy.

Posted by Bree

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I didn't know that Chloe was the bubble-lover...do you know about the Gymboree bubbles? Check them out online (you get them at Gymboree)- they are the BEST bubbles ever!! When you blow the "horn" a million bubbles come out and they actually stick around. They are made of a sugar solution so they don't pop as easy and lay on the ground for popping. My kids LOVE them. I discovered them at a story time at the library once. They would be perfect for her birthday (hint hint - aunts and uncles :-) )