Wednesday, March 5

Ice Storm



The view out our windows this morning was an icy one. I had to go out and get some of nature's beauty on film. (Todd didn't think it was so beautiful, but he has to be outside all day framing a house in it, so I understand that.) Everything is coated in ice ... the chain link fence, the branches of every tree and bush, even the blades of grass. The deck railing had hundreds of tiny icicles all around it.










Needless to say, we are not going to be playing outside today. So it is the usual: kitties for Chloe and monster trucks for Evan. In this picture the truck dads are taking their sons (see them on their backs?) through the mud (that would be the brown blanket) and the kitties are squishing and splatting through it too (complete with sound effects).



And we've been practicing for Easter this year too -- playing hide the eggs. Today's fun was bouncing the eggs on the trampoline and laughing really hard. Evan was the main bouncer so pictures of him were all blurry but here are a few of Chloe (with cute piggy-tails today).





Posted by Bree

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love an ice storm and I agree, the beauty is one to be captured on film. However, I too would not want to be outside in it....brrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics Bree!