So, is it neglectful to keep putting off bath day because it seems like so much work to do one? I think the last bath was Saturday night.... I don't know... is that gross to anyone else but me? I guess it's no more gross than the frequency of my bathtub cleaning day.
I kind of like doing a bath right after breakfast like we did here today. I might do it more often. They love being in there so much. Although it is a little bit boring for me after 45 minutes but there was no rush to get them out and into bed...
This was Evan all bundled up afterwards on the couch. This time he requested his head be covered for extra warmth :-) That picture still makes me laugh!
While their hair was drying,we had our "second breakfast" of maple yogurt with blueberries and cherries and wheat germ sprinkled on top. The sprinkles ("bee-koose") are Chloe's favorite part as she eats the yogurt layer by layer, requesting more.
Then back to the play-doh (they pulled this out right before the bath and wanted to continue afterwards). Chloe plays with Evan's trucks in such "girly" ways. They talk and laugh and take naps. Today, one truck bonked the other by accident and had to say "Sah-eee Dee-zee" (sorry Dizzy). She is so funny. And, Evan had trucks spinning tires in the mud patch... surprised, aren't you? He is funny too!
Next on the agenda... off to the grocery stores... Giant Eagle and the Whole Foods Co-Op. This is why Evan hates Thursday.
Doesn't he look thrilled?? He knows he is going to be in and out of the carseat to wander through stores all morning. Not his idea of a good time... or anyone else's, for that matter. By noon Chloe could sit still no longer so I let her walk around while we shopped at the Co-Op. Evan was so sweet walking around with her. He held her hand and told her "No, no, sweetie. Don't touch the food." I wish I had taken a picture. It was precious.Once we were finally back at home, we all unpacked the groceries and set up lunchtime. We did our usual PB&J with carrots (and the grapes we picked up at the store). How does Chloe eat carrots, you might be wondering...
She doesn't... she dips them in hummus and licks them clean. The carrot is her utensil ;-)
So, after a busy morning, Chloe is peacefully sleeping -- yay!!!!!! -- and Evan is enjoying his favorite Bob the Builder video (where Dizzy gets stuck in the mud).Half the day is done... half to go...
Posted by Bree
5 comments:
I enjoy seeing the "mud rug", a product of Evan's imagination :)
Am I the only person who LOVES grocery shopping?
We do baths here almost nightly (I guess I'm the opposite - I'm excessive with the bathing). We miss a might here there when they don't get dirty though (like Sundays) but Aubrey normally has food in her hair and it's nasty so I MUST clean it out :) It's just something I started as a nightly ritual since they were little. With as much as Evan loves the mudd I thought that kid bathed twice a day LOL.
Your second breakfast sounds yummy!! Is the yogurt maple flavored?
I'm so jealous...Chloe looks like she doesn't get messy when she eats. Cami favorite saying is "Ahh..Mess!" It's normally in her hair, on the seat, in her ears or on the floor.
Beth, the yogurt is Brown Cow brand Maple Yogurt -- yummmy. Once you try it you will never go back to vanilla ;-) (Right, Liz??)
And to answer your other question about oxiclean... playclothes are made to get dirty so that is what we have lots of! And the mud washes right off of the coat, snowpants, mittens, hat... without anything but Tide.
First, a comment to Chris' comment. Yes, Chris...you're the only one!
I love your moments from Thursday morning. The shot with Evan and his sister's name spelled out...priceless.
I'm still laughing out loud about Evan's head dress; a future desktop picture!
Post a Comment