Monday, November 3

The Weekend Update

We did some raking in the backyard on Saturday, and Evan's trucks somehow find there way onto anything in a pile.... so.... we had to rake more than once.




Evan likes to strap the kittens into the rock crawler :-) I love how beat up these little stuffed toys are... so so so loved!!


*******************

We drove to Cleveland yesterday to visit Todd's family. Traveling was peaceful for once. The kids did a lot of laughing and listening to music and reading their magazines on the way there.



While we were there, we took a really nice walk around Uncle Tim's neighborhood. Evan and Todd raced with Bailey the dog and Chloe and I walked slowly with Gramma Monde. After she tripped on the sidewalk and fell four times, we were done. Chloe tripped, not Gramma :-)

Then the kids played in the backyard and on Cami's playground.



Todd went to visit Bailey... they played together most of the day :-)


After stopping at Quiznos for dinner, we drove home. The kids finished chewing and literally fell right to sleep!! (you were right Kim!) With all that quiet, Todd and I had lots of uninterrupted time to talk . We've been trying to figure out how to make our 2-bedroom house function as a 3-bedroom house until he can finish the attic space... and I think we figured it out. I'll post pictures of the changes as they start happening in the next month. Hopefully it will work!

*******************

And in case any of you have yet to see this Weekend Update, go here. Prepare to LAUGH!!!

Posted by Bree

4 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun trip! And I can't wait to see the plans for your house!

Anonymous said...

That's kind of funny...Tim & I seem to do our best planning in the car form Cleveland to Erie.

Bethany said...

Cute pictures! Love the car in the pile of leaves....typical Evan :) I love all the Port Farms pics too (including the shadow one) - whew 5 hours though - your Todd must be very patient. Jason wouldn't have lasted more than 2 hours. Oh and I clicked the link to Weekend Update (I don't really watch SNL anymore and forgot to look it up on youtube) - hilarious!!! Too bad we won't be seeing her in office :( Glad to see you back - I enjoy seeing/reading about your family :)

Bree said...

Beth -- Todd wasn't at the pumpkin farm, just me and the kids :-) Although he probably would have been fine with the 5+ hours!