... and it got me thinking... fall? already? where in the world did summer even go?
I know we had one.
I am not a "time flies" kind of person, but this year, fall just seems to have started without me knowing it. So in my mind I tried to replay some of it. It didn't take me long to figure out where the season went.
We had the most insane few months of our lives just go by and we barely hung on.
It all started at the end of June when our basement flooded. Clean-up took a week and drying it all out took longer. We had to replace five of Todd's tools for work and buy a new lawnmower. We resigned ourselves to living in 900 sq. feet for an entire summer while Todd put in a new floor in his "spare time." It was a very rainy, not-outside-a-lot, summer so the smallness of our house was getting on our nerves. Shortly after the flood our hard-drive on the computer crashed and couldn't be restored. Then we realized we suddenly had an infestation of fleas in our house... lots of chemical spraying later... that was taken care of. Todd's mp3 player died, our video camera decided to be on the fritz, the sub-woofer for our surround sound is mysteriously not working.... and our computer just stopped one day and never started back up. Chloe's feet grew overnight and we had to buy her new shoes in the next size up only to have her feet (and legs) grow again the very next week. She is ready for the next size in shoes (and pants). Oh, and then our hot water tank sprung a leak. Lovely.
There are only so many things that are considered necessary to survival so not all of these things have been replaced (yet). This 'all-at-once' stuff has never happened before. And I. don't. like. it.
So fall is upon us and I am glad.
Maybe it will be a better season for us :0)
Posted by Bree
2 comments:
Hey, you'll be glad to know that I agree with you that Insanity has NO PLACE in your lives. Let's thank God together that God is Good, All The Time and only has Good in mind for us! In Jesus' Name! xox
I know what you mean - summer came late and left early...and I'm not at all sure I'm ready for what's ahead! Oh well, I'd better get ready since there's nothing to be done about it, huh?
Post a Comment