We aren't really a zoo-visiting kinda family, really. Evan just wants to run on the boardwalks and climb the children's playground (not worth the admission fee for that sort of stuff), Chloe wants to pet things (which you really can't do at a except for the goats) and she gets frustrated from being tired of so much walking, and me... well, I cry at everything. Tiny cages, wild animals pacing around with glazed over eyes... all that stuff.
But Evan asked to go last Sunday, so we did.
And at the gate we ended up getting season passes.
What??!!??
I hate our local zoo, but these passes pay for themselves when you go use them to go to Cleveland or Pittsburgh or Buffalo. We'll see how much use and enjoyment we actually get out of them (and if that joy overpowers my need to cry) and maybe it will become something we actually like as a family.
Anyway, here are the highlights from the outing. I didn't take many, but these really do sum it all up :-)
"Where's Evan?" was the phrase of the day.
Can you spot him??
Can you spot him??

Looking down at the stinky rhino pen.

Although smelly, they were fun to watch taking mud baths.

Posted by Bree


1 comment:
I have always felt the same way about zoos...boo hoo hoo's. Just remember what Ashlyn said when I expressed my disdain...she said many of these animals would die without zoos to help preserve them. And she said zoos are alot better these days, with lots of natural habitat created for them.
As for the monkeys...they may be the most mentally ill of all! Chloe, I prefer to hide from them, too!
Post a Comment