Friday, April 24

About Evan


I've noticed my posts are sort of Chloe-heavy lately so here's a bit about Evan.


We did a 30 day thing with him to help him stop biting his nails. If he could make it to the end with new nail growth on all his nails he could earn a new top to put on his RC rock crawler. The red top he has for it is removable and since they make a Jeep one... well, it was pretty motivating and it worked :-) As a follow-up he has until Wednesday of next week to keep them healthy and I'm taking him to Chuck E. Cheese. He never bites them anymore. Ever. :-)


He is still working on the ins and outs of chess. Such a difficult game to really master. He plays well but doesn't understand how to win yet... strategy stuff... but he plays almost every day with me (maybe I'm not the best teacher since I'm not great at it myself).


He saw his first rainbow last week (thanks to a phone call from Granny telling us to get out and see it!!). Photos never do these things justice, but Evan sure was thrilled!

He's been teaching Chloe how to wrestle quite often. He tells her push me down and then lay on me.... no, push harder.... oh that was a good one Chloe! You're really getting strong... now it's my turn....

Surprisingly neither one of them has gotten hurt :-)


He is always willing to help her when she needs something: turning the lights on, getting a toy from up high, climbing in to get her pillows out of her crib, carrying her bike home when she is tired on one of our walks...

What, a whole post about my son and no mud pictures?? Well, I figure you already know he does that all the time... it's this other stuff I never seem to get in writing, especially with a very attention-demanding little sister around who gets most of my mind's energy.

Love this kid :-)


Posted by Bree

3 comments:

liz said...

If you want some Chuck E Cheese company, let me know; if its just a special family thing, you know I totally get that too!! Are you just going to play or to play and eat?

aunt bryce said...

i love you, so much, bEvan!

Anonymous said...

who's bEvan? could he be the grandson of grerg? heehee. xox