Wednesday, April 15

This Girl

Chloe is officially 2 years and 8 months old today :-)
She can finally say the L sound in words now so she is "Chloe" not "Crowee" (how we will miss having brock-ree and car-ifrower for dinner.)
She will set up camp wherever her big brother is hanging out.

She likes to take walks with her hands in her pockets like a big girl.
She naps most days for just over two hours. And on the days she doesn't, she's actually not entirely horrible. Surprisingly.
She is transitioning from her crib to a big girl bed (crib with only a safety bar, not the crib side) until we get her a real bed. She LOVES Evan's bed.
She has the prettiest hair ever!! "LLLong and bLLLonde" (as ChLLLoe would say)

Her favorite pants are her "curdaloys" (corduroys) "because they are brown like Bud's."

She can climb up onto a kitchen chair all by herself now.
She loves all animals except for monkeys. She has a Littlest Pet Shop toy monkey (that I think is adorable) that she always digs out and tosses across the room before playing with the others. She hid from the real ones at the zoo.
She loves her Daddy like all little girls do, proudly proclaiming, "I just love him sooo much!"

She is still only wearing a size 5 shoe(!!) and her 2T clothes seem so droopy most of the time. Such a dainty little small framed girl.

***************************
She is working bit by bit on potty training now too. Stubborn as she is, I'm not sure what to expect. She refuses to wear the underwear we have already bought (pink and turqoise with animals and cupcake patterns) and says she'll only wear "Thomas underwear" (as in the tank engine that only BOYS seem to like, which is why I can't find any of the sort for a little girl). So far, when I've been able to get her to wear them, she has had a bit of success making some pee, but again, it's when she wants to do it that it actually happens -- arg. As with everything here, when she is ready... :-)

***************************
I was feeling a bit reflective today since I have been looking through Chloe's baby photo albums and thinking of the long and difficult journey we've had with this girl we call daughter.

Each day still seems to have it's share of challenges but the more she grows, the more different it all is. Better in so many ways.

She is officially done nursing now (have I said that before?? this time it's true!!), and I'm sure that has me realizing some of the past struggles with her and how far we've come. It all seems so so so long ago and yet still so fresh... I can remember the sounds of her constant screaming and screaming and never-ending screaming and how little sleep I got for two straight years ... I kept hoping things would change soon (everyone kept saying they would) and they just never did... We waited so long and worked so hard to get through, and now I look at her. I look over this post again and I just adore her. She still drives me nuts quite often, but I cherish the feeling of her sweet tiny arms around me morning, noon and night and her precious little voice saying "I love you mama" in my ear. Those moments are the ones I hope I remember from this next stage of our lives with this girl.

Posted by Bree

2 comments:

Leslie said...

She is so beautiful! (And Michael loves her Mater sheets.)

xox said...

Trust me, you WILL remember! Just your mention of her arms around your neck and the "I love you mama" got me to remembering, and remembering well! and crying. xox you were soooo sweet!...xox xox xox