Tuesday, July 7

The Truth About Clean


I found this magnet online today and had to smile.

I read THIS post from Soule Mama and laughed out loud to myself because I have done the exact same thing, ditching the vacuum cleaner and heading out to play along.

After all, what's life all about?? For me, certainly not a sparkling clean house :-)


Most days we are outside, and almost every day the kids are covered in mud. I found these pictures from the middle of June and, remembering this day, I laughed so hard.He drove through the mud so many times, he had soaked his clothes and shoes through, so he just stripped down to his underoos and kept going!! He had mud splattered everywhere.



So, clean? Not really a priority around here. If I took TIME out of every day to clean up the daily trail of muddy footprints, handprints, dirt smears, dust, laundry piles, wet socks, drippy boots (you get the idea, well.... maybe you do) that my family brings in the house, I would have. no. life. I might have a clean house, but I would never enjoy my life and my kids would never have me alongside to enjoy their lives with them. My house might never be spotless, but I know for certain that I will not ever care about it or remember it. But, all those muddy moments with my family... I will remember those forever :-)

Posted by Bree

3 comments:

xox said...

AMEN! It's sure not VIEWS of crud crusting the sinks or dustballs blowing around under the beds that matter most...but VIEWS like these pics portray -- everyday! Keep on smelling those roses, honey! xox

Chris said...

That magnet is all you! I'm sure my wife "the professional" would have to disagree!

Leslie said...

What a great way to embrace life :)