Thursday, January 22

Naps

There are very few things that are consider worthy of Chloe skipping her nap for the day.

1-- visiting with someone we love and don't see often
2-- visting with Liz, whom we love and see often, but will stay late with anyway :-)
3-- going to my Mom's for our monthly gathering of family, food and noisy visiting
4-- exceptionally beautiful weather worthy of spending every minute of the day enjoying

That's pretty much it.

Nowhere on that list do we see "being at the library."

But, that is what happened today. We were there for TWO hours. How is that even possible?? I still have no idea how that happened. We left here at 11:30am with snacks packed, hoping to be back for a late lunch. I don't wear a watch and I don't have a cell phone. So we pulled back in our driveway at 2 o'clock. It wasn't a purposeful nap-skipping occasion, I guess, but I didn't feel bad about it or regret that we stayed so long... which made it ok.

Once we were home the cuddly sleepy little girl who got to skip naptime because Mom lost track of time at the library, was rewarded with some major cuddly book-reading time with Daddy who was home again today with a very sore neck... (how's that for a rambling run-on thought)

For the record, we have 23 books out at the moment.
Twenty-three.
Yep.

Posted by Bree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camryn & I spent about an hour at the library last Saturday. Next time you go, look for the book - Do Not Open This Book by Michaela Muntean - the kids will love it. We have read it every day, most days more than once.

Anonymous said...

So nice to love and be loved!

So nice to lose track of time - can't remember the last time I did that! Oh yeah, it was the last time you guys were here visiting! :-)

Bryce said...

23...that's the most cats we had at one time. daunting!