Friday, December 10

Style

Okay, so I remember saying to this child that it would be my turn to pick out her outfits on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday and she could do the rest. That has soooo not happened even remotely.

Why? Because she is just so cute in all "her picks." She just radiates pride at her own loveliness in a way she never does in mom's choices.

This leopard print craziness is one of her favorites.



She is also in charge of her hair decisions. Most days it's just down and long -- that's her favorite lately. But sometimes there's a request for one of these:


A french ponytail with her choice of accessories (including a scrap of red ribbon that she found tied at the bottom ;-)



So, when I feel myself getting all nit-picky about how she looks -- the fact that her favorite outfits are so different from what I might choose OR how her hair looks better in clips to the side to hide all the ones she's completely broken off OR how I think socks should coordinate with an outfit OR that socks should be a matching pair not one of each color -- I remember she is only four and she loves to express herself in this very bold and adorable way.


And it makes me smile, not wince.

Oh, and although it's not in the picture, her right foot has a rainbow stripe sock on AND a green sock under it. Also not pictured is the blue sock underneath the red one. FYI.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ummm, super cute!!!