How do you dress a girl who hates pink?
It verges on impossible, I tell you.
She is developing her own fashion sense at the age of four.
She knows what she likes and pretty much makes up excuses about the things she doesn't (it makes her sweaty, there's an itchy spot, she doesn't like buttons....).
She picks out her outfits (except on Sunday) including the 'matching' knee socks and shoes.
She is drawn to bright colors, especially RED, which has been her preference since she was about 18 months old. She will tell you red is her favorite now, but for the longest time she couldn't decide on a favorite.
Actually her favorite for months was 'the whole rainbow.' Once we got her this tie-dye shirt she never wore her green Thomas t-shirt again! She pretty much spent the entire summer in this shirt.
Her clothes drawer is full of purple, red, green and bright blue. Not a speck of pink. No dresses and only one skirt -- because I told her it went with some rainbow stripe tights.
Oh and lest you start to think she is just a tomboy or something, don't get me started on her love of all things sparkly (but not pink). Seriously, ninety percent of her clothes are bejeweled in some form :-)
The teen years ought to be very, very interesting.....
1 comment:
I LOVE Chloe's fashion sense! Her rainbow clothes make me smile every time I open your blog. Her bright clothes go well with her bright personality! And I love that you let her choose. Some Moms wouldn't you know...these kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful Mom :)
Post a Comment