Friday, September 24

At Seven

Evan at seven.....



~~He experimented with surfer hair this summer and when he finally couldn't take the hair in his face anymore, he asked for a hair trim. Asked for one!!!


~~He plays legos and transformers most often, but loves to join Chloe playing horses and trains too.


~~He is small for his age. Still wearing 5t clothes. Still able to curl up and fit on Dad's lap like a little guy.

~~He picks on Chloe a lot, but when saying sorry and making up from a fight he hugs her tight and kisses her and tells her "I love you. I won't be mean to you anymore." (If only that were the end of it... but it is sweet in the moment. His heart is right :-)


~~He started building mud pits again with his favorite fuzzy blanket. His off-roader collection took a break this summer but now they are back out on the trails. He has even started sharing these with Chloe which is a huge step for him!

~~He is not a fan of thunder. He thinks it's going to hurt him in some way so he gets nervous during storms. At least he's not afraid of balloons anymore.

~~He truly believes he is going to live at home forever and never wants to move out. He still says he wishes he could marry me, and I have to soak up every single kiss, hug and caress he gives because I'm sure the day will come when he realizes he isn't going to marry his mom...


~~He has the sweetest and most interesting chats with me now -- so much going on in that head of his. He is truly thinking his own thoughts and becoming his own person lately. Such a change from six.

~~He wipes out on his bike at least once a day on his "dirt bike." This kid knows how to take a fall! or maybe I should say a thousand falls.... but amazingly enough he hasn't hurt himself that badly. Just some skinned knees or hands and the occasional big bruise on the legs. Tough.

~~He is fascinated by Superman and reads his Superman book from Uncle Keir all the time. He doesn't believe in the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny or Santa, but he believes Superman is real.


~~He still adores his little stuffed kitten collection that started when he was four. They often ride in a pouch on the front of his bike. Although, now that he is seven, the pouch is his volcano bandana, not the polka dotted one :-)


~~He gets himself breakfast in the morning and is even confident enough now to pour his own milk. Ginger Snap Granola is his favorite cereal.


~~He taught Chloe how to play war with cards -- I love eavesdropping from the other room and hearing "I.. de... clare... WAR!!!" She learned really fast!


~~He has lost four teeth on the bottom since just before his birthday and has two new grown-up teeth growing in nicely. The fourth of these baby teeth just fell out yesterday while he was playing outside.

~~He is growing up slowly and steadily just like he should.

2 comments:

Bryce said...

i still want to marry him! hehe...
i was just telling chris how i used to tell evan that ,"one day, when i have a son, i hope he's just like you!"
the wet-hair at the beach photo is extra-awesome because he has a sandy pit from his ultra new invention of pit-tooting. still laughing!
i love all the smiley photos.
and i KNEW that dangly tooth was on its way out! top teeth, here we go!

Leslie said...

I love this post! I feel like I know Evan just a bit more now, even though I've never met him :) Such a sweet, thoughtful, rough and tough, adorable BOY!