Wednesday, December 2

The Tree

Last night, after eating Christmas cupcakes, we rearranged our living room (ugh) and set up our tree.

This year they both really wanted to help attach the branches. Poor Todd, his arms were aching after all the lifting and leaning.

The kids wanted to decorate it right away... even before it was completely assembled.


I knew we wouldn't have time to "fluff" the branches and put on lights before bed so I just let them. I love seeing which items are their favorites from year to year. Evan loves the fragile stuff that Chloe isn't allowed to touch yet. He hangs it waaaaaay up high, "so she can't reach it."
Our tree is never a beauty to look at, really. There are a lot of kid-friendly ornaments right in the front for holding/rearranging/playing with every year, and most of my pretty ones get buried by theirs.
Then there's the haphazard kid-organized hanging of the ornaments which I sort of meddle with, but not too much. It's as much their tree as it is mine :-)


This morning we finished it. Mostly.

And they were pretty happy.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful picture of them with their tree! And Super Mom kudos for not rearranging their ornaments...I have to fight the urge, too! (Sometimes the urge wins...)

Bryce said...

i enlarged the last photo and i can't stop laughing! you really have grown as a person who isn't "bothered" by certain things. it says a lot about the love in your house. i see the little snack cup in the corner and the enormous ball dangling by a thread 2 centimeters from the carpet right out front. and then i look at the kids smiles and they are truly joyful. way to go monde's! p.s. HOT tree this year!

FlaggFamily said...

I am impressed; not sure I am there yet! Oh well, at least I have a few years to rearrange them myself before I have to hold myself back :)