Wednesday, August 6

Library

Ready to go to the library this morning. I love the library! These two always grab toys for any and every outing. Chloe is indecisive and always grabs more than she can hold. Evan was so not excited about me pulling out the camera for such a cute moment. (Can you even imagine his teen years in the photo album??) Anyway, back to the library stuff.




We went to the big public library downtown, since the mall one is closed and moving to a new location. We cannot be without new books, so we drove really far to this one.

Chloe was all over the place, pulling out books, yelling "Mom!! Mom!!! Where are you??!!" as though I left her all alone. She kept running away! She was like one of those kids I've seen other moms with.... that will never be my kid running all over and yelling... well, it is now.

So we had to contain the madness at one of these cute little reading tables. I love the library.


We ended up bringing home 13 books.... I always do that. Bring home as many as will fit in the bag. I just love the library. Love it. All those books for free!

Wanna share your favorite kid's books? One's you loved? One's your kids love? Maybe I'll post a list one of these days and share ours. Did I mention I love the library?

Posted by Bree

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Susie Squirrel" was one of my faves. i loved her little house in the tree and the way each little accessory in her house had so much detail. i used to imagine myself as susie squirrel. except i would have changed my name because i thought her name was pronounced, "suh-zee." i think you're the one who finally corrected me :] good thing!

what are chloe's 3 books favoritas?

Bethany said...

A Fairy in a Dairy by Lucy Nolan and Laura Bryant; Fancy Nancy books (more for Chloe when she gets older although because of her older sister, Aubrey likes "nancy nancy"); I have some others but I can't remember the titles. There's one about a little girl named Emma McGee that has like 6 brothers and sisters and she is the youngest. It's about how she's too little at first to reach the cookie jar or go with them to school etc. The end is cute!! I can't find the the name of it though :( I love that library too!

Leslie said...

I LOVE the library, too! But we also get to deal with crazy Michael running around and never whispering (what's a whisper?), so we don't go as often as I would like. I'm trying to add it back into our cycle of activities, though! If only the kids' section was in the basement or something...ha ha! Michael loves "Racer Dogs" by Bob Kolar, "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" by Mo Willems, and all the Dinosaur books by Yolen Jane.

Anonymous said...

i feel the same love for the library. my favorite things in life are free ya know. i just went (again) today and got so excited because we've been really into reading about natural disasters and all the awesome things God makes. i found so many wonderful books on volcanoes, caves and glaciers today. can you tell i have a boy. can't wait to read them all.-ellesha-

Anonymous said...

How much do you love the library??

I can't forget how fun those Sweet Pickles books were, especially Zany Zebra, who did everything backwards or in some eccentric way, like eating dessert BEFORE the meal. hee hee hee! I wonder if they can still be found... xox