Monday, April 7

Battery-Powered Kids

The follow-up to Saturday's whiny post is this:

This was Chloe after her four hour nap on Sunday. Yes, FOUR. She had "napped" for 10 minutes at church (enough to charge the Energizer batteries she obviously runs on) and finally fell asleep for real a little after 2pm. She woke up just before 6pm... which led to yet another bedtime dilemma. She was awake till 9pm... again...... It looks like we just cannot find a rhythm here!!

It's beautifully sunny and cool out today, although very windy. We love going out to play more than anything else. Just being outside doing nothing is better than sitting in the house. Besides, this boy was made to be outside. He runs on solar-powered batteries ;-)







Chloe loves being outside too, but I noticed today that she may have a slight fear of wind. She was not happy like she usually is today. She kept whining "Weendy! Weendy!" and trying to wipe the hair off her face. Maybe the wind was too cold... She was smiling a lot so I guess she was fine. I love that her kitties came outside with her today (see them in the swing??).





And finally, the day Evan has been waiting for since Chloe was born:


... the day he could chase his little sister in the yard! She runs and giggles (and falls a lot), but Evan is so glad to have a real playmate -- the one we promised him when we were pregnant with her ;-)

Posted by Bree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, it's just one of the many phases they all seem to go thru. Even when they get into their teens you will see the vatiations of sleep patterns. Courtney use to get up before 8 on the weekends, now she could sleep until 11 if you let her. Cami changes monthly: lately she is in bed at 8ish which is early for her, I'm sure in a month it will change to 8:45.
Love Evans curly look, he looks like a "real" soccer player in the one picture.

Bryce said...

I love the action shot of Evan and the red ball. It looks like Chloe is feeling the repercussions of her actions from the fiasco the other day. Maybe it's just me. I cried a bit with your last sentence about your promise. So loving, Bree. You're a great mother and writer!

Chris said...

I think we all find ourselves being a bit solar-powered after such a long winter!