"Time flies," they say.
I respond, "Not for me."
The day Evan was born does not seem like yesterday.
His years with us have not flown by.
The day Chloe was born does not seem like yesterday.Her first year didn't fly by.

Strange?
To most people, it is, and I don't really understand why.
Time is just time. We are all given 24 hours a day to live and fill with what we deem to be important or necessary or enjoyable. Busy, lazy, old or young -- all people have the same 24 hours to use.
It is our perception of time that flies.
Maybe you agree with my mom who says the older you get, the faster time goes. I disagree (of course) and say that is because children have no idea what it means to waste time. They just live.
Todd and I have to make a conscious decision everyday to savor, reflect, experience, explore, linger, flow and enjoy each moment we are living in. Time is often wasted wishing for things of the past, worrying about daily details or planning (too much) for the future. Maybe time would slow down for us all if, instead, we could be content with today.
Anyone agree?
1 comment:
As soon as it began, I remember making a resolve to savor summer vacation. And it WORKED! ... until June 13th.
:: Looking back I think that's the day it started ::
None the less, I completely agree! Great post Bree!
Post a Comment