Tuesday, March 30

Monkey See Monkey Do

I've been playing the piano a lot lately, trying to make 'practicing' a part of my daily routine. It's been wonderful for me to strengthen a talent I was nearly sure was lost! Turns out I'm still pretty good at it :-) Then there's the added bonus of exposing the kids to one of my favorite instruments.

Evan has asked me to teach him to play (this was a total shocker!) and Chloe always wants to sit by me and play along (can anyone say challenging??). This morning when I was done with my turn, Chloe got up there on her own and 'practiced' for almost ten minutes.





She was just making up tunes, using both hands, turning pages when she was ready. Evan was apparently baffled by all of it because he asked me "Mom, how did Chloe learn to play all these songs?" :-) I'm still chuckling about that....

Posted by Bree

No comments: