Tuesday, March 31

Change Of Plans

Some of our best days come from ditching the "plan" and just doing something spontaneous. (If you know me at all you know this is not usually how I like to roll... it takes effort for me to be spontaneous!!) My plan today was grocery shopping, but my friend Jocelyn called while we were getting ready to go and invited us to come play outside in their backyard. I threw together a short version of my "must-haves" at the store and we made a new plan. And I'm so glad we did!

Lots of hiking and climbing and chatting and exploring and sunshine.... and dogs...

Chloe and Evan both rode a 4-wheeler for the first time today. Good times.

Jocelyn's two girls are 11 and 9 (I think) and they just love little ones, so Chloe was in trustworthy and loving hands all day long! Chloe told me at home later "My friends kept me safe." Such sweetness in this little threesome.

... and such rugged wonderful-ness in this duo :-) Jed is about a year older than Evan. The last time they really hung out was Halloween day at the pumpkin farm -- they really like each other a lot!
This ravine was calling Evan's name from the mention of going to Miss Jocelyn's this morning. It's steeper than it looks in the photo! Brave kids, I tell ya! And there's a lot of glorious mud at the bottom. Next time we are bringing the mud boots instead of the junky play shoes.
Sweet Ysabet and Chloe "digging" in the yard. Making mudballs and just having girl time, ya know? They sat here together for almost twenty minutes. Chloe was sooo sooo sleepy and she just loves her caring friend :-)
Coolest "swingset" ever. A board across two trees with super duper long chains.
I don't have a picture to go with this story but it bears telling anyway. The boys were getting out a ladder to climb into the treehouse as I was packing up to leave. There just wasn't enough time left for them to do what they had planned... and there was quite a plan... such sad boys... there were quite a few tears and sniffles over this missed adventure so we will be going back soon to pick up right where we left off :-)

One plan that never changes is our plan to move out of the city and into the beauty of nature... sooooooon.

Posted by Bree

I miss you Liz (and I wasn't cheating on you!)

4 comments:

The Family said...

wheres all the buildings and cars and other stuff? That is wayyyy to billy for me. I need city life.

Leslie said...

What a wonderfully adventurous day! You can tell everyone had a blast! I don't know if we even have nature like that around here...I miss it.

liz said...

(Laughing hysterically!!) I said to Joc that I was going to call you and play the cheating card. So I get skipped over on the invite and now all of a sudden "I'm out!!" I'm totally kidding - obviously. Their property is amazing and as soon as she told me you had been over, I knew that the kids were in heaven!! I'm so happy that Jed & Evan got some good "man time". Poor Jed - It's always our foursome of girls...and Jed. Someday we'll have our communal land just like that, with the garden in between. Name it and claim it baby!!!! (Laughing hysterically again!!)

xox said...

I still fantasize about buying a bunch of country land and divvying it out amongst us, so we can all be close, all the time! sigh...

Hey, Evan, have I got a CLIFF for YOU! Ask Mom about the path that leads to the Waterfall down at the Creek. Call me when you want to hike THAT trail -- I scaled its slope recently, complete with my camera and tripod in tow! Just call me Wilderness Woman! p.s. Remember to pack your water bottle!

xox Granny Grunt xox